Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tom's Spring 2011 Sabbatical Leave from Oxnard College Library

Gentle Readers,

My name is Tom Stough and I am the Associate Librarian at Oxnard College in Southern California.  During Spring 2012, I will be visiting college and university libraries around California to learn from their best practices, especially in preparation for the opening of OC's new Library/Learning Resources building, scheduled for Spring 2012 (see this link: http://www.oxnardcollege.edu/services_for_students/library/index.shtml) These best practices may include, but will not be limited to:  architecture/interior design ideas, reference services, instruction, assessment, program review and collection development.  Reference services will definitely mean looking at Web 2.0 technologies and how they can be used effectively in modern academic libraries.

Before posting anything else, I'd like to acknowledge my inspiration for this "excellent library adventure":  Mary Ann Laun, dean at the Shatford Library, Pasadena City College.  PCC will be one of the many campuses I'll be visiting over the next few months.  Although I have a good idea where I'm going, suggestions for visits to academic libraries, learning centers, tutorial centers and related programs are most welcome.  They need to be within California or reasonably close by (Nevada, Arizona, etc.)  Thank you for your assistance.

Regards, Tom

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful adventure! I would like to invite you to come and visit our newly renovated library at Westmont College in Santa Barbara. ~Debra Quast, Director, Library and Information Resources

    ReplyDelete