Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Unconference @ Santa Barbara City College Library

 Organized by SBCC Library Director Kenley Neufeld and his able band of librarians and staffers...this Unconference on May 5, 2012 had some excellent presentations for California community college librarians in general.  I learned about new and innovative ways to collect and use reference desk usage data, for example.  Digesting all the ideas from this and previous conferences will be one of my summer projects.
With views like the one above, how does anyone ever get any work done at SBCC??  I've been wanting to try an unconference since I first learned of the concept in October at Internet Librarian.  It's great:  cheap, easy and informal....





 ...did I say, "informal"??  I never quite got the rhythm to keep the Hula Hoop spinning, but had fun trying!










From my deep, dark past at Los Angeles Public Library:  the infamous "shelvers from hell" T-shirt!  Thanks to Sarah Bosler for taking these shots.



No comments:

Post a Comment